Personal privacy statement
When the Department of Health offers services or organizes
activities for its clients, the personal data given by the clients
in the Cervical Screening Website will be used by the Department
of Health for the following purposes:
- Verification of eligibility
- Record of registration with the website;
- Epidemiological surveillance;
- For preparing statistics, carrying out research or teaching
To facilitate organization of activities related to cervical
Provision of personal data is totally voluntary. However, failure
to provide sufficient data may jeopardize your eligibility in
entitling to certain services or activities.
The personal data you provide will mainly be used by the Department
of Health. Such data may also be disclosed to other government
departments and relevant personnel when necessary under the
conditions set out in paragraph 1. The disclosure will only
take place under circumstances allowable by the Personal Data
(Privacy) Ordinance, or with your approval.
Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right
to request access to, and to request correction of, your personal
data. If you wish to exercise these rights, please browse to
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Security Measures of Cervical Screening Information System (CSIS)
- Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance is strictly adhered by Department of Health in handling and keeping personal data confidential at all times.
- The servers and hardwares of the Cervical Screening Information System (CSIS) is locked inside a secured room with closed-circuit television (CCTV) and can only be accessed by staff authorised by the Department of Health.
- CSIS web servers are protected by two layers of firewall systems to prevent unauthorised access.
- Information is encrypted during the transmission and storage of personal data through the Internet between public users and the system.
- With the use of internationally-recognised 2048-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption (an online security standard for commercial application), CSIS ensures the security of users' data from unauthorised access.
- CSIS monitors each login attempt to prevent unauthorised access. If there are three consecutive login attempts with incorrect password, related user account will be locked and the online system service will be immediately suspended.
- In case users forget to logout from the CSIS system, online access will be disconnected automatically after a short inactive period to prevent unauthorised access.
- The type of information accessible to a user is safeguarded by tight control mechanisms so that the user can only access to her/his authorised information.
- CSIS will not ask for users' account number, password or any personal information via emails.
- A third-party Security Auditor was commissioned by the Department of Health in 2005, 2011 and 2014 respectively to conduct Security Risk Assessment and Audit Services for the CSIS to review the security status of the system. Actions have been taken to address and rectify all the security issues/concerns noted in the assessment and audit.
The content available on this website, including but not limited
to all text, graphics, drawings, diagrams, photographs and compilation
of data or other materials are protected by copyright. The Government
of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region is the owner of all
copyright works contained in this website. Any reproduction, adaptation,
distribution, dissemination or making available of such copyright
works to the public is strictly prohibited unless prior written
authorization is obtained from the Department of Health.
The information contained in this website is provided by the Department
of Health ("DH") of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR)
for general information and reference only. Whilst the DH will endeavour
to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, the DH
does not guarantee or warrant that such information is absolutely
accurate. Moreover, the inclusion of hyperlinks to other websites
is only to facilitate cross-reference. The Government of HKSAR and
the DH expressly state that they have not approved or endorsed the
content thereof. Users shall verify information obtained from this
website by making reference to other sources when making material
decisions. The Government of HKSAR and the DH are not responsible
for any losses or damages incurred for any causes whatsoever in
relation to or as a result of the use of the information on this
website. The Government of HKSAR and the DH are entitled to delete,
suspend or edit all information on this site at any time at its
absolute discretion without giving any reasons.
The copyright and all other intellectual property rights in the
information on this website belong and are reserved to the relevant
owners. The Government of HKSAR and the DH shall not be liable for
any losses incurred or damages suffered by any person as a result
of any actual or alleged infringement of copyright or other intellectual
The mapping information provided on this web site is protected by
copyright owned by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative
Region (the "Government"). No express or implied warranty is given
to the accuracy or completeness of such mapping information or its
appropriateness for use in any particular circumstances. The Government
is not responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from
any cause whatsoever in connection with such mapping information
or with this web site.