Eligibility & Privileges
Medical practitioners or nurses registered with the Hong Kong Medical
Council or Hong Kong Nursing Council respectively who perform cervical
smears are eligible to register with the Cervical Screening Programme
(CSP) as service providers.
- Have the clinic information of registered service providers displayed
in the CSP website (www.cervicalscreening.gov.hk).
- Receive a Certificate of Participation issued by the Department of
- Have access to clients' past cervical smear results online, using
the Authorization Code provided by clients.
- Receive the lists of clients due or overdue for the next smear to
facilitate recall of clients.
- Reminder letters will be sent to clients to remind them to attend
for regular smears.
- Receive a free training kit containing VCDs, Cervical Screening Manual
and publicity materials such as booklets and pamphlets.
- Have statistical report on smear results.